Thumb Rings – People Also Asked
- What do thumb rings mean?
- Thumb rings can have a deep meaningful symbolism or just simply make a fashion statement. Thumb rings can express one’s sexual freedom, independence, power, influence, wealth, and personal feelings. Many people just love the look and personal styling that comes naturally when wearing a thumb ring. SuperJeweler.com has a great selection of thumb rings for both men and women, and SuperJeweler.com is known for amazing prices.
- What do thumb rings symbolize?
- Thumb rings can symbolize one’s sexual freedom, independence, power, influence, wealth, and personal feelings. Many people just love the look and personal styling that comes naturally when wearing a thumb ring. Both men and women wear thumb rings to look and feel chic and stylish. You can find a great selection of the thumb rings at amazing prices at SuperJeweler.com
- Do I have to be gay to wear a thumb ring?
- No, thumb rings are worn by men and women regardless of sexual orientation. The LGBT community does embrace thumb rings to symbolize relationship status and freedom just as often as others wear them for fashion and style. SuperJeweler.com has a great selection of thumb rings for both men and women, and SuperJeweler.com is known for amazing prices.
- Why do people wear thumb rings?
- People wear thumb rings for many reasons including making a fashion statement and symbolizing independence, freedom, courage, authority, wealth, and sexual openness. Most importantly, both men and women wear thumb rings to complement their greater sense of style. SuperJeweler.com has a great selection of thumb rings, and SuperJeweler.com is known for amazing prices.
- Why do women wear thumb rings?
- Women wear thumb rings for many reasons including making a fashion statement and symbolizing independence, freedom, courage, and sexual openness. Most importantly, women wear thumb rings to complement their greater sense of style. You can find a great selection of thumb rings at amazing prices for both men and women at SuperJeweler.com
- Where to buy a thumb ring?
- SuperJeweler has a great selection of the thumb rings for both men and women, and SuperJeweler is known for amazing prices. Make a bold fashion statement by buying and wearing a thumb ring. SuperJeweler has several styles of thumb rings, with your choice of precious metals like sterling silver, white, yellow, and rose gold.
How to Select Thumb Rings
Thumb rings are a trendy and chic addition to your jewelry wardrobe. All the rage some 30 years ago, they have made more than just a comeback. In fact, they have become a massive fashion craze. Whether you are wearing it as a solo ring on the thumb or donning the trendier stacking look for your hands, thumb rings are a stellar choice. Here is the How-To on choosing thumb rings.
How to Pick the Style of Thumb Rings
Thumbs are very important and quite unique. The ancestorial trait of all primates somehow evolved to having opposable thumbs to apparently make it easier to hold on to the branch. As time went on, gnarly claws gave way to the grasping hands, and the thumb was born! So, why not dress it up? Jewelry is a very personal possession and thumb rings are no exception. Here are the most popular style types of thumb rings and how to select the one that is right for you and your jewelry wardrobe.
- Straight Thumb Rings
- These thumb rings can come in a variety of widths and are great for “stacking” or wearing multiple rings at one time. They can be plain or set with diamonds and/or gemstones. This is by far the most popular style of thumb rings.
- Curved Thumb Rings
- This style of thumb rings is about comfort and being different. The shape lends itself to allowing the thumb a little more room to flex. It also is a head-turner as many people have never seen curved thumb rings.
- Chevron Thumb Rings
- Much like the curved thumb rings, a chevron allows more flex-space, but it is far more dramatic looking with its sharp V-shape. Wear it pointing up or down, there is no right or wrong.
- Cluster Thumb Rings
- Cluster designed thumb rings are about glitz and screaming fashion. There are literally endless designs of cluster thumb rings. They can range from a few diamonds and/or gemstones to dozens big and small.
- Gemstone Thumb Rings
- Color, color, color! Thumb rings with gemstones bring a personalized touch of color to suit any and every passion or style. Also, gemstone thumb rings are fun to ensemble and coordinate with your outfit-of-the-day! Be yourself and make a statement.
How to Select the Precious Metal for Thumb Rings
Selecting the precious metal for thumb rings is a matter of personal choice and price. Luckily, a thumb rings looks great in sterling silver and all the colors of gold. You can really follow your own personal style and select the metal color that you prefer the most. Both sterling silver and white gold have a similar appearance but are very different in price. Sterling silver thumb rings are much less expensive but white gold gives you a richer look for the price. Thumb rings in yellow gold or rose gold are great choices too as their unique colors look outstanding.
How to Select Thumb Rings with Diamond Accents and Gemstones
Choosing whether to have accent diamonds on your thumb rings is truly a matter of style and taste. Thumb rings can look very nice as a plain band, but adding diamonds or gemstones is by far the most popular design choice. Diamonds do increase the price of thumb rings but not as much as you might think as the diamonds are generally small. A popular design for thumb rings is to have diamonds in a straight row. This design is great for “stacking” or wearing multiple thumb rings at one time. Another great design is to cluster the diamonds. This makes for an impactful statement that draws a lot of attention. Thumb rings with gemstones and diamonds looks super in an alternating style of setting. The gemstone and diamond ring shown below has no prongs as the gemstones and diamonds are set in a channel. This lends to an amazing sleek look with superior comfort. A channel set ring like this is also great for stacking.
How to Personalize Thumb Rings
One way to personalize thumb rings is to have your ring engraved on the inside. Depending on the width of the ring and the design space, you can have your name or special message engraved. This is a great idea for gift-giving thumb rings or for any special purpose.
How to Stack Thumb Rings
Wearing multiple thumb rings on one hand is called, “stacking”. Stacking is super easy, but also, crazy creative. Selecting different thumb rings to stack starts with making certain that the rings somewhat fit well up against each other. Once you find a good look, you are in! When you stack thumb rings you are expressing your style. There are no mistakes, only fun and uniqueness.
How to Clean Thumb Rings
Cleaning thumb rings is very simple, and you can generally do it yourself. Start by creating a mixture of warm water and a few drops of mild dishwashing soap. Soak your thumb rings for about 20 – 40 minutes and then gently brush any gemstones or prongs with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Then rinse your thumb rings under warm running water to remove the soap film. Gently dry your thumb rings with a soft cloth taking care not to snag any prongs or gemstones. For an elevated sparkle you can use a professionally formulated jewelry cleaner. Steam cleaning is not recommended for thumb rings that have gemstones.